Have you heard of Calendula before? It is a part of the Calendula family and blooms through the growing season, (calendar season) hence named Calendula!
It exhibits many properties making it anti-viral, anti-septic, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, wound healing and full of anti-oxidants. It soothes and heals the skin and protects against infections and cuts. It also boosts the appearance of the skin and revitalises the skin. It can be used in many ways even at home.
Easy DIY with Calendula Flower:
- Clean the petals of the flower and separate them delicately.
- Infuse/Soak a handfull of petals in a jar of any light and fast absorbing oil. You can use Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil or Argan Oil.
- Macerate the concoction in sun for a few days.
- After a certain amount of time you will see the colour of the oil change and that’s when all the goodness of the petals has been soaked in it.
- Strain the petals and store the oil in a dark/amber colour bottle.
- Use it as a super nourishing oil and it will leave your skin rejuvenated and supple.
This oil can be used for sunburn, wounds, itchy skin, flaky skin and even for a good massage.
We also use this super powerful flower in our Orange and Lime Bath & Foot Soak to give you a luxurious and healing spa time.