Nothing is as indulgent as a bark of your favourite Chocolate, who agrees? We are sure there are many chocolate lovers out there who love that rich 70% dark chocolate bark. But did you know apart from the benefits it has on your heart and health, its also great for your skin. Lets dive into how chocolate is made firstly. It’s made of Cocoa Solids (derived from the Cocoa Bean), Cocoa Butter & Sugar along with edible oils and milk.
Here’s listing down a few benefits of using Chocolate in Skincare:
- Anti-oxidant Rich: Natural foods like Berries, Teas and Nuts have been rooted for their high levels of anti-oxidants. Right along with them comes the rich cocoa with its rich anti-oxidant properties too. Raw and unprocessed cocoa beans are a rich source of anti-oxidants, which mean they have the polyphenols, flavanoids and catechins. It works well on breaking down free-radicals, keep blemishes and acne marks at bay and increasing the activity of collagen due to the Copper, Zinc, Iron and Magnesium present in Cocoa.
- Gives Smooth Skin: It helps to stimulate blood flow in the skin, thereby increasing elasticity and giving smooth skin. It also makes the skin super soft.
- Anti-ageing Benefits: A bite of your favourite Dark Chocolate helps ease out stress. Well it works great on preventing wrinkles and fine lines too. Stress hormones reduce collage breakdown and cocoa does the exact opposite of that! It reduces stress on the skin as well. With a host of anti-oxidants present, cocoa helps to reduce pigmentation, dark spots and also boosts collagen, which in turn helps reduce any signs of ageing. Skin seems firmer and toned after a good Chocolate Face Mask.
- Protects your Skin: Sun exposure, harmful UV rays, blue light from the screens we use every day, pollution and stress have a great impact on the skin. To reverse these a good use of cocoa powder helps. Flavonoids protect the skin from the sun naturally. It promotes cell growth and keeps skin hydrated and supple.
- Gives a Glow: No doubt that with the minerals present in Cocoa, a glow is all that you will get as it refreshes and rejuvenates your skin. The Vitamins and Minerals work on sloughing off dead skin cells too, though very gently, but they give the skin the natural soft glow. It works well on all skin types.
With umpteen benefits of Cocoa Powder, our rich Chocolate & Licorice Face Mask is sure to make you fall in love with your skin, all over again. Made with fine Cocoa Powder, skin softening clays and brightening extracts, don’t forget to give it a go before a night out or just to pamper yourself!