It’s the most colourful and joyful festival of the year and we are stoked! Holi is celebrated as it welcomes Spring after Winter, signifies good over evil and is also celebrated as thanksgiving for good harvest in the months to come. Holika, the burning of the bonfire signifies the burning of inner evil to bring out the good in you!
In the recent times the adulteration of colours has been on the rise and the chemical laden colours are definitely not something you want on your skin. We hope more and more of you switch to natural and organic colours this Holi and play a dry Holi.
With endless Holi parties and big glasses of Thandai, it is super essential to check the following Tips and Hacks to protect your skin and hair with the colour mess that you will be.
- Apply Hair Oil on your hair to protect it from the harsh colour.
- Moisturise your skin well with a heavy duty face cream.
- Apply a good quality Body Oil on your hands, legs and neck or any other part which can get in contact with the colours.
- Make sure to not have dry lips, use a Lip Scrub and a Lip Butter to keep your lips nourished.
- Apply a dark colour Nail Paint to avoid your nails getting a lot of colour.
Post Holi Skincare:
- Use a mild Face Cleanser to remove all the colour from the skin.
- Follow up with a gentle Face Scrub to remove stubborn colour from the nose, chin and forehead.
- Use a mild clarifying shampoo and heavy duty conditioner to bring back your hair to life.
- Be sure to use any Hair Oil for at least 2 weeks post Holi to ensure your locks remain healthy and nourished.
- Use a mild Body Polish to remove colour from elbows, knees and feet.
- Finish off with a good Moisturiser, Lip Scrub and Lip Butter!
Have a Safe and Happy Holi!