Bridal Skincare To-Do List
Every bride wants to shine on her big day and we're not just talking about those beautiful lehengas and jhumkas. To get that perfect natural glow on your skin, we've got some handy tips right here at your finger tips.
- Protect your skin from the sun - While basking in the sun feels glorious, its not so great with the damage excessive sun exposure causes to your skin. It ages your skin very quickly and can also be a cause for skin cancer. Do ensure that you apply a sunscreen with minimum SPF 30 atleast twice a day to prevent harm from harsh UV rays. If you are stepping out in the sun then cover up with a hat, scarf or an umbrella.
- Get adequate amount of sleep - No bride wants those pesky bags under her eyes. A good night's sleep helps clear up your skin but when you are sleep deprived, your body produces more stress hormones called Cortisol. Get a minimum of 6-8 hours of quality sleep every night to stay stress free and look fresh.
- Take off your make up - Getting dolled up feels great but when you're back home, make sure your let your skin breathe. Make it a habit to remove all your makeup especially before going to bed. Sleeping with makeup on ages you faster, clogs your pores and leads to potential breakouts.
- Drink plenty of water - Consuming an adequate amount of water everyday gives you fresh, soft and glowing skin. It hydrates and replenishes the skin tissues leading to an increase in the skin's elasticity. Drink atleast 2 litres of water everyday to ensure fresh, dewy and plump skin.
- Get some fresh air - When you’re out in fresh clean air, your pores are open and your skin breathes better because there are fewer blockages. When your pores are open, it means that they are removing toxins from your skin. So turn off that TV and go out for a long walk
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables - Beautiful skin starts with nourishment from within. Treat your skin kindly and optimise your nutrition by eating antioxidant-rich fruit and vegetables, healthy fats from oily fish and nuts, and a varied and balanced diet. This should give optimal levels of the nutrients that are crucial for radiant skin, including beta carotene, vitamins C and E, zinc and selenium. So fill up on those seasonal fruits and veggies!