Lemongrass Hair & Face Mist
You must have seen this beautiful plant in your kitchen gardens or in the fridge but ever wondered its benefits for skin? This makes it way in many dishes and our kadak chai but here are some of its amazing benefits. The stem has umpteen beneficial elements such as citronella, neral and limonene to name a few and these give the many antifungal, anti-inflammatory and cleansing properties to the steam. It is loaded with Vitamin C and A which makes it perfect for boosting your skin and hair’s natural shine. At the end there is a super easy Mist recipe for you to follow and love.
Here are its benefits:
- Antimicrobial and Antiseptic: Known for its anti-inflammation properties, works wonder in soothing itchy scalp, reducing dandruff, reducing inflammation and irritation. It also works on diminishing scars on the skin with regular use.
- Strengthens Hair follicles: It works wonder on strengthening hair follicles that help to combat hair loss over a period of time. With better scalp health, the hair falls lesser making them stronger at the roots. It is also a rich source of iron thus giving a two-fold benefit for hair loss.
- Works on oily scalp: This beauty works on reducing excess oil on the scalp while also adding shine and not making your hair look too oily.
- Astringent properties: Loaded with Vitamin C and A, it works amazingly well to keep the skin bright along with keeping pores clean, closed and balancing the excess oils.
DIY Lemongrass Hair and Face Mist:
You will need 2 cups filtered water, a handful of lemongrass leaves washed and cut and a spray bottle.
- Wash the lemongrass leaves and cut them into small pieces.
- Boil the water with the lemongrass leaves for about 2-3 minutes.
- You will start noticing the colour of the water change to a green colour, let it boil for a few more seconds and turn off the flame.
- Let the concoction cool for 20 minutes and carefully fill it in a spray bottle.
- Store in a dry place or the fridge.
Use on a few pumps on the scalp after shampoo or in between washes for refreshing your hair and soothing any itchy feeling. It can be also used on the face right after cleansing for soft and acne-free skin.
Do comment below on how you liked our recipe.