Mango - The King for your skin
‘Tis the season to enjoy these juicy delights with a big bright smile. In India there are more than 283 varieties of Mango but only about 30 are known off. Well even if you get your hands on 2-3 kinds, it definitely makes the year long wait worth it.
But wait, do you know that it is beneficial for your skin and health too? It is easy to say that it is hot for your body and gives you that acne that you don't want, but wait, there is a trick to reduce the heat from the Mango! Soak the Mango in tap water for at least an hour before eating, it reduces the heat and it definitely does not show up on your skin. Well now that we have established that it is not bad for the skin, let's move on to know the benefits for the skin…
- It is rich in fibre, which works great on supporting your digestion. And well a healthy digestion shows up on the skin like nothing else.
- Mangoes are also rich in Vitamin A, C and E along with beta-carotene (thank the bright yellow color for this), which gives you skin-healing anti-oxidants along and rejuvenates your complexion.
- Vitamin A helps to renew your skin cells and protect the barrier. Another name for Vitamin A is retinol that you will spot easily in all anti-ageing products. Vitamin A is needed to blur fine lines naturally and lightens dark patches.
- Vitamin C helps firm up the skin by producing collagen, which helps keep your skin plump and firm. This important Vitamin is also essential to protect the skin from free radicals.
- Vitamin E is the fat-soluble vitamin needed to nourish hair and skin and delivers hydration to the skin.
- Mangoes naturally have AHAs (Alpha Hydroxy Acid), which work on removing dead skin cells gently from the surface of the skin. It helps to remove dry and dead skin and brings forth fresh new skin.
With so many benefits when consumed it also gives equally amazing benefits when applied tropically. This season use a small piece of Mango and rub it all over your face and neck and be sure to notice clear pores, dark spots lightened with smooth and even-textured skin.