Top 6 ways to do Self – Care
Selfcare means different things to different people.Today, let’s dive deep into what the founders at BLISCENT feel about Self-Care.
1) Reconnecting with nature: With the everyday hustle of order management, customer queries, backend website support and the tedious accounting hassles, its important to just take a break and go out in nature. Sometimes, the most basic things uplift your mood and make you feel great! A simple stroll near the beach is something our founder, Shefali truly enjoys. The waves make her feel relaxed and she feels rejuvenated.
2) Treating yourself without feeling guilty: We all have our indulgences and more often than not it’s the guilty pleasure of enjoying a good piece of chocolate/ice cream or your favourite snack/meal. But why not? We are so wired to eat healthy and clean that sometimes it is great to also indulge and satisfy your taste buds. With the onset of the monsoon comes the craving to enjoy some hot bhajiyas with tea and our founder, Karishma does just that every chance she gets, that too guilt-free!
3) Pampering yourself: Being a mom, Shefali truly does not get time to look after herself that often. But no matter what, she never forgets to end her day with a basic face massage using her favorite face oil, the Cucumber & Carrot Seed Face oil
4) Taking care of your nourishment: Being on the go and grabbing junk/ packaged food is often the norm for the working and busy lot. We know you’ve heard enough from your moms, dads and grandparents, about the importance of fruits. Here is your friendly reminder to consume fruits on an empty stomach to make sure you have maximum nutrition absorption for your body.
5) Taking a tech detox, going for experiences: When was the last time you forgot to check your phone? Bet it must be when you’re having a great time with friends, family and loved ones! Our founders make sure to enjoy their holiday and leave their gadgets on the side. They have a no work policy when they are on a vacation. Even though it’s hard to not think of the various everyday duties, but it is also important to enjoy the holiday without being stuck to gadgets! On a recent holiday, Karishma decided to leave her phone in the hotel room, to spend maximum time with her husband and experience some activities.
6) Making time for what you like to do: Do you like to do things for yourself? Well, who doesn’t, but do you get time to? It’s so important to plan atleast 20 mins of your day, just for yourself. No matter how hectic or busy your life is, these 20 mins will really make you reflect, think and answer so many questions or doubts you may have. It can be a 20 mins walk, just you and your music, or even just some time off to meditate, read a book or just listen to the rain drops. Being alone makes you feel connected with yourself and think of how your life is going and catch a breath! Both founders take time off everyday to just do
what they enjoy.